Traveling has never been more pronounced than in recent years – what with social media being major in our lives and selfies taking the lead role.
And with that, terminals and roads are only going to get busier with more people trying to escape from all the pressures of life – with an increasing number transitioning from a 9-5 job to one that provides more freedom through traveling while earning from it. However, if a nomadic lifestyle is not your cup of tea, worry not. You could still enjoy your travels by maximizing your trip.
Here are our top travel tips.
- Plan your vacation. Sure, planning may somehow take away some excitement in your trip as you already know what would basically happen; then again, if you do not have an itinerary, you could get stuck in one place without even realizing it. Unless you truly just want to stay in that particular place – then you would have not seen all the other beautiful spots the area has to offer. So much so, if your companion(s) also has a burning desire to check those attractions out. Thus, be sensitive.
- Choose the date or travel time with the least travelers. This means, avoid traveling on peak seasons. This way, you would be able to quickly access whatever your traveling needs. Not to mention, you would have lower ticket rates upon booking and cheaper fees on just about everything – and yes, with the whole place for yourself and your companion(s)!
- Take the night trip. We all know that nighttime is sleeping time, so traveling at night would maximize your time for adventure as you would not spend daytime in a bus just slouching (if you even can) in long trips. And if ever you would use your own car, then consider taking turns with your companion(s) in driving so everyone gets their rest, too. Don’t forget your neck pillow!
- Have stopovers and enjoy it. If you want a day trip rather than a night travel, then include the trip as an activity in your itinerary. Stopover upon noticing nice views and when there’s also a gas station with a restaurant – so you not only get to snap pictures but have some snacks and your car checked as well.
- Drop by at especially renown tourist attractions you would pass by – or say, a festival you chanced upon. A vacation should be an experience to remember, so. Forget the time for once. This is like hitting multiple birds in one stone as such things does not always happen every day. So, just have fun!
- Share realtime updates. Since you’re on a day trip, share your stopover photos on social media on the go. Not only would you inspire your friends to explore the idea of day trips, but you would also let them know the beautiful spots to consider and how you are actually doing at that moment.
- Take short cuts. Now, if you simply want to get to your destination without any dilly dally, then explore short cuts. Be flexible and prepared though, sometimes the short cut you got to may turnout to be a dead end or a road under repair – or yeah, congested due to some, well, accident or traffic. Just relax then and treat it as part of the adventure.
In the end, doesn’t matter the season – trips can be fun, too, when you realize you could actually have fun on your way.
Happy and safe travels!